Private Client - Trusts, Wills, Estates & Court of Protection
We have experience of a wide range of private client issues including:
- Family trusts
- Offshore structures
- Wills, probate and estates
- Court of Protection
- Tax and domicile issues
Our costs for acting on an uncontested Probate application depends on the size and complexity of the estate, but will generally range on average between £5,000 to £20,000 plus VAT and disbursements.
The basis of our charges is an hourly rate of £350 per hour plus a value element of 1% of the gross estate (both elements being plus VAT). There will also be disbursements to pay, including court Probate fees (as at December 2018, £155).
If the estate is worth less than £50,000 you may be able to dispense with Probate altogether and this is something we can discuss with you.
The service included in the price is:
- Attending to the gathering in of all the assets of the deceased
- Ascertaining all liabilities
- Corresponding with all debtors, creditors and beneficiaries
- Completing the necessary HMRC IHT forms
- Applying to the court for Probate
- Attending to payment of any liabilities of the deceased, and payments to the beneficiaries
We would expect the above steps to be completed within 6 months of you first retaining us, although any time frames will be dependent on the complexity of the matter and any difficulties encountered along the way.
The person dealing with your matter would be Alan Taylor who has in excess of 45 years experience in estate work, although some of the work may be delegated to other experienced solicitors: Jacqueline Burke (1994 qualified and £300 per hour) or Steffan Taylor (2015 qualified and £225 per hour).